Monday, October 10, 2005

I can hardly believe that I gave birth 12 years ago to A. It seems like just yesterday I held her screaming, beautiful, RED squirmy little body in my arms to nurse. I never in a million years could have dreamed it would pass by this quickly. Yet, here it is 12 years later and it feels like I barely even blinked. Next year she will be 13 and she already is selfish and self-centered just like the teen she will soon be. Not today though, this morning she woke up happy, very happy and excited. She wore a pair of really cute jeans she got from my sister and a silky shirt she got from my mom and I braided the front of her hair-she looked very pretty and mature. I took a few pictures of her this morning before school but the lens on my camera was dirty. I took more this afternoon after she got home, some with her 12 birthday balloons. She was still in a good mood after school-we watched last nights recorded episode of Charmed and decorated outside for Halloween......together. We used to always watch tv together and she used to always want to help me decorate, but lately she does not want to do anything I want to do, so it was nice that for awhile this afternoon it was like it was when she was younger and I was her hero. Then I made twice-baked spaghetti and we waited for everyone to show up for her small celebration. My mom came with J and Ah and Papa came with G and B. It was small and simple and over early-but it was nice and we had fun.
~~~~Where ever you go, There you are!

1 Comments:

Blogger MGC said...

I came across your blogg and as I started reading, it reminded me of my little girl or should I say my soon to be teenager. She will be 13 in February. I too look at her and wonder when did she grow up?

I'm not sure if I'm ready for this...!

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home