Saturday, October 08, 2005

The Fat Lady Speaks
By Joanne McCarthy
Fat is my fortress. It
keeps you from me. I
prize this great body, it's
fierce implacable strength.
For I move when I choose to.
You cannot force me.
Wherever I go I mock
weakness and famine. Stare
if you will. You
are afraid of me.
Men Pale at my
hunger. They are not men
with me. And women
shrink away, scorn
in their narrow eyes
but I despise them. They
bend to the will of others.
I do not bend at all.
I am a mighty goddess
a prehistoric queen
symbol of wealth and
terrible power.
Trifle with me
and I will
crush
you.


****Taken from the anthology, 'I Am Becoming The Woman I've Wanted' -Edited by Sandra Haldeman Martz

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0918949491/104-2509782-3424747?v=glance
~~~~Where ever you go, There you are!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home