Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Buddhism Meet Up

On impulse I decided to open a Buddhism Meet-Up group. I have been a member of the Meet-Up website since 2002-I think. I remember reading about it on one of my pagan groups but not really pursuing it. Well, I must have at some point taken a quiz or filled out a questioner about my interest in Buddhism-because Meet Up sent me an email about interest in starting a Michigan Buddhist Meet Up group. I still am not sure why, but I actually started a local group. I was not going to follow up and actually pay the $19.00 for the monthly fee, but the next day when I checked my email I found that three people had joined my group. Since the interest was so large I decided to go ahead and pay the fee and see if anyone showed up for a meet. I planned the meet for the week I am already on vacation, so I know that I can attend. Right after I committed myself I felt nervous about it. What could I be thinking? I can not even find the time to attend Muddy Water Zen’s weekly meditations-what makes me think I will be able to pull this off? Plus, I am really more the kind of person who likes to attend events others organize-rather than organize them myself. I guess we will see what develops. I also feel unsure if I have anything to offer a group of Buddhist seekers. If it gets intense I think I am going to try and draft Kogam to help me. I think it will be good for me to have more contact with like minded people-well Buddhist anyway. That same idea never quite seemed to work right for pagans(
~~~~ Where ever you go, there you are!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home