Tuesday, October 11, 2005

*****Warning Major Bitching Follows*****

Well, work was going ok. I am feeling a litle bit better and able to kind of get back into the swing of things. I feel almost normal again. Customers were not even that awful this evening. Then, I get my final customer who was a major bitch from jump. She was bitching before I even called on her and it continued from there. I loaned her a battery, charged her stupid phone and showed her repeatedly how to forward her pictures, then she found out she was not elgible for a free phone, just a discounted one. She aksed me why and I explained the policy after which she starts screaming at me and tells me not to speak to her because I sound like a rule book. She stomps off and demands to see the manager-I am the manager and truly feel like she should have been directed back to me. J refused to take her and sent D-the assistant manager to help her. D, of course, gave her the free phone. Then she explained to me that customers have been complaining about me alot and that she was afraid I would get in trouble. I believe D is telling the truth, but I bitched at her becuase the situation is a fucking joke. It is bullshit. I was not rude to that fucking woman, in fact I was way more polite than she was. I have been more rude to customers more lately largely because I was working sick and we are short staffed and stressed the fuck out. The part that pisses me off is that I am enforcing managements policy, let me say that again MANAGEMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! policy, not MY policy. They set us up-here we are on the front line being told to enforce policy that pisses customers off-so we get yelled at, cursed at, threatened, etc. Then, if the customer will not take our word for it we forward their issue to the store manager or district manager-who gives them what they want anyway. So, basically we get yelled and screamed at for nothing and then get made to look like an asshole by upper management who wrote the policy in the first fucking place-WTF!!!!!! On the flip side, if we just believe the customer or try and cut them a break because even though it is outside of policy we want to be nice-we show up on a report as non-compliant and get in trouble. What irks my ass is this-why should I get yelled at for your fucking policy? I get paid by the hour, not the discount, or customer or non-discount-so I am perfectly happy to give customers free phones and credit their bills all day-it would sure make my day more pleasant. In fact, that is what we used to do at our store-give credits and discounts all of the time-it was how we got through the day. Then, we got a new store manager and a new inventory coordinator and our concessions make them look bad-so we got a new "tougher" policy. Which we-those of us on the front line having customer contact-enforce and as a result get screamed at, yelled at, stuff thrown at us, and customer complaints about us. We are in a lose/lose situation. I am personally tired of having customers yelling at me over a stupid ass policy I did not even come up with and then having that policy totally ignored by a manager over my head. Um, lets decide on the policy-whatever the fuck it is-and ALL stick to it-all of the way up the chain-or not make us shovel shit over your stupid policies. It's bullshit. It makes my already shitty, thank-less job even worse. I am so sick of the bullshit, the politics-just sick of it. It is SO time for me to move on. I am chaffing at the bit in this store, I need to move on. It is time for a change. I am looking everyday for positions open elsewhere so I can move on. I am not sure how much longer I can continue to do this.
~~~~Where you go, There you are!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home