Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I am so upset it is unbelievable. I was feeling so much better, resolving to be more social with friends, perhaps more open to dating, feeling like Spring was coming. Then I get my yearly evaluation for work. What a shock. S is a harsh grader and last year I acepted my evaluation witout too much argument. However, this year I know my value to the company and made it clear that I would be limiting any further above and beyond type duties if i was not compensated accordingly in both my short term incentive and my raise. Well, I hit my numbers sales wise-data percentages, add-a-lines, etc but I guess S did not want to give me what I wanted for raise and short term incentive which can only be justified by a poor evaluation. Well, she calls me in her office and I can tell she was kind of nervous, the evaluation seems to be going pretty well, the usual stuff, she wants me to have better numbers, I need to be more of a leader and encourage CSR's to make more sales, etc, etc. Nothing really bad mostly pretty good, then she gets to the final evaluation where she can fill out a paragraph about me and my past year. Does she take this opportunity to say how appreciative she is of me coming in on my vacation twice and on my days off-numerous-to help? Of course not. Does she talk about how many escalations I take-more than she, D and J combined? Of course not. Does she talk about my effort to help with audit procedures or how I support inventory and merchandising as well as do CSR and manager duties? Nope, not so much as a mention of that. She takes this opportunity to say that I have poor customer service relations-which I need to work on, that I am not "happy" enough with customers and finishes that off by saying that I have expressed a desire to no longer have face to face contact with customers-which is certainly true about the less customer contact. However, the way she phrased it and conventiently leaving out about me wanting less direct customer contact after I was accosted by a customer in the parking lot outside of work and how upset I was afterwards. She portrays me as having poor customer relations in a company which prides itself on customer service. Basically, she has prevented me from being able to transfer to another store or move up in the company. I could kill the fucking bitch. Not only does she not recognize me for how very much I go above and beyong what I need to, she screws my chances for transfer or advancement. I was so upset and frustrated I was crying and the only nice thing I can say is thank the gods it was at the end of my shift. I am seriosuly considering filing a complaint with HR. I doubt it will do any good, but at this point it could hardly do any harm either.
~~~~Where ever you go, there you are!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home