Monday, February 06, 2006

The Superbowl....well, what can I say? I do not follow sports, did not know who was playing and after having half watched the game, still am not sure who palyed, LOL!!!!!! I had a blast at D and N's. I overslept and did not make it to Zen Center, but A and I stayed home trying not to show at D and N's at an ungodly early hour. Finally I headed over and just barely had time to catch D before he headed over to his parents. It seems that D, N and M had plans to watch the game at his parents house. Oops. I felt akward imposing msyelf, but N assured me that she had no interest in going to his parents for the game and was just as glad to have me and A visit. It was really nice and healing in a way. I forgot how much I miss them. They have never gone anywhere, but I have been so absorbed in work and my funk that I think I forgot how much fun my friends are. I was disappointed with the commercials and N explained some of the game and rules to me. In the end we left before it was over because I was concerned about getting A home to bed for school the next day. I was also worried about traffic since the game was downtown. In fact I passed a ton of busses heading downtown to the stadium to pick up spectators.
I have to say that I have been following in the papers and in the news the hoopla surrounding the Superbowl being hosted by the Motor City. I have not always been a supporter of Kwame Kilpatrick-he is abit conservative for me-but he has certainly been good for the city. Detroit looks good. I was surprised when I went out downtown for my 30th b-day how clean and impressive the city was. Gone seemed to be the multitude of abandoned buildings and dirty streets I remember seeing day in and day out on my long bus rides too and from high school. I know the poverty is still there-in this economy how could it not be-but the city looks good. Makes me proud to be a native detroiter.
Less than 20 days to Con and 12 days until my vacation starts. Things are starting to look up!
~~~~Where ever you go, There you are!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home