Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I have been needing to blog but not had the time. Let's see........
On the work front....
We have 2 new employees, both RSR's-niether of them the greeters we hired in Decemeber. The full time is a transfer from SCS. She seems nice but I have heard that she had some management issues at SCS. Both KB and myself are easier going than the management team at SCS, so she might be fine. The other RSR is part time and a new hire. His interview was incredible and his enthusiasm is annoying but I believe it will pay off in the long run. I am on vacation this week and have to say I am not missing work even a small amount.
I did not go to Con this year. Well, B and I went for the drumming on friday night and I got a chance to see T & L. I was unable to get rooms in the hotel-it just filled up really quickly and I was at a nicer hotel around the corner, but part of the reason I enjoy the hotel so much is the convenience of wearing slippers and not dragging around a coat. Staying in the other hotel still required me to drive and park plus it was more expensive than the regular hotel-it just did not seem worth the expense. I took a look at the schedule and there was just not that much I was interested in. It feels weird to miss it, but at the same time, ok.
On the dating front......
Well, I have stopped dating B. Fast, wasn't it? I feel like if I had blinked I would have missed the whole thing. I can not say what really happened. Suddenly he stopped really calling, than he missed one of our dates, he had an attitude and seemed to argue about every little thing. I assumed that he has either gotten back with his, met someone else or just lost interest. I let him know it was no big deal and that I had no ill feelings. He assured me that he wanted to date me, that he was not seeing anyone else and that he was just "flaky" and caught up in "bullshit". Whatever that means. So, we made up, I let him know that he would have to be better or he would be gone. All was well for like 3 days-then it was back to the same bullshit. He stopped having anything to say on the phone, stopped answering when I called, if he called me back he would be dry and have an attitude. It was the oddest thing. Finally last sunday I let him know that I just could not play this game anymore-he won and I bowed out. He seemed highly distressed that I dumped him, but not enough to pull it together. We semi-talked through out the week. Wednesday was my last work day before vacation an he was scheduled to work so I figured we would talk then. Of course, he called in, LOL!!!!! Anyway, we talked the next day and agreed to get together and talk. Then he bullshitted on the day and time-so finally I gave him a day and time. So, we got together saturday. There is no communication between us. I honestly believe that he may be the only person I have not been able to understand or make understand me on an emotional level. He honestly seemed bewildered and hurt that I just give up when he acts like an ass. I tried to explain what i wanted from him-what he was giving me not even 30 days ago-attention, contact. He did not seem to see how tha changed and shrugged it off like he has always been that way. Then he kept trying to argue with me about us seeing each other. In all honesty it was like he wanted us to fight. Well, I let him know that I am who and what i am and what I want and need is non-negotiable. If we can not get along less than 60 days into dating what is the fucking point anyway? I was going to sleep with him one last time as like a good-bye fuck-since he asked me to and I did not really mind-who knows how long it will be before I have another sexual relationship. He was surprised and happy I agreed than let me know he was heading to a friends house afterwards. I had let him know a few weeks ago that I do not like him dropping by for sex-it made me feel like a booty call. So I let him know that I was not into the sex. He must have spent 30-45 minutes arguing with me about it not being a booty call. I tried the therapy technique of telling him how it makes me feel and that I would not ask him to do stuff that made him feel bad. He still argued it and even walking out of the door seemed surprised that I did not give in and do it. I waived him off, shook my head and wondered to myself why oh why I even bothered. I was still laughing about it yesterday and even called him to let him know, hey no hard feelings. Of course, he did not answer my call nor did he call me back. Today I feel kind of bad about it. Not the break up-if you can even call it that-so much as frustrated at our lack of ability to communicate. I think he has issues and as a man and not a very smart or introspective one, is not really aware of how his issues impact his life. I am sure I could help him, but I am done with that shit. I have helped too many men and am no longer interested. Plus the pay off would be him-a 32 yr old man with 2 kids, living with his mom, under-employed, pot smoking, not that smart, ok in bed with committment issues. Yikes!!!!!!! Not worth the effort. I never thought I would meet a man who likes to fuss and fight-weird. Usually the girls keep up the drama. I also think he felt insecure with me because I am out of his comfort zone and tried to compensate for his insecurities by behaving in ways that made me insecure. It worked for a minute. Fortunately, I am old enough no to know that it takes to play a game and what is worth my time and energy and what is not. I am anxious to see what it will be like to work with him again. I do not anticipate any real issues-despite what he may feel he has never seen my nasty or even disagreeable side. I think by choosing not to argue with him he thinks I can not, so if he is nasty I will put him in his place and that will be the end of it. I do not think I will date at my work again either way.
~~Where ever you go, There you are!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home