Monday, May 29, 2006

Good Evening dedicated bloggers, it has been........months since my last real post....sigh
Well, Con was great but right on the heels of Con Octavia Butler died and my winter blahs seemed never ending. Work was stressfull, as always and seemed to kind take over my very enjoyment of life there for awhile. Alas, spring came and I feel better. The sun somehow seems to make everything better.
Now for catch up.........personal life, I had a few more dates with V and then that was pretty much it. He was nice enough but not for me. Now I am kinda seeing if I want to date a new guy, S. He is nice and interesting but I am cautious so we will see what develops. I know one thing though, I intend to be dating this summer thats for darn sure:)
Work has been.....extremely interesting. We are short staffed-nothing new there, ever. However, the reasons we are short staffed have provided juicy gossip and unbelievability in one respect and sadness in another.
First for the juicy gossip. Our last hired employee-LM was nice but pretty stupid. If she had not irritated me so badly I would have felt sorry for the poor girl. It turns out my pity was wasted on her. To truly understand the shock of the story you need a picture of her. Picture it: 5' maybe 2", almost as wide as she is tall, pear shaped, slovenly, greasy, stringy dishwater blonde hair, parted down the middle (with scabs on the scalp), never wore a bra-though she was full breasted, always lint or dust or some such on her clothes, usually smelled-not too bad though I never had to work next to her-when R did he always complained that she stank. She always looked at the ground, never made eye contact, whiney, whispery, high pitched, annoying voice and no matter how many times you explained the simplest, directest, procedure-showed her more than once, wrote down the step-by-step instructions, showed her again-she STILL did not get it. In truth I think she caused more customer escalations than she solved. She was truly sweet and it did not seem to be her fault she was stupid and unattractive. She was always odd too. Now that is saying alot coming from me. I consider it a compliment to NOT be like everyone else. She was just ...odd?...did not fit? not sure. Let me give you an example. Her first month she was asking other staff members what if scenario questions-I love those kind of questions myself. If you could pick any super power, what would you pick? If you could meet any person living or dead who would you meet and why? If you could live in any place and any time, past, present, future, tvland, what would you pick and why? Chessy but nice if you hve nothing better to do and do not really know the people you are talking to. Well, here are her questions. 1) If you had to sleep with someone at our store (started out as cuddle, then evolved to sleep and eventually have sex with) who would you pick? Seemed a pretty odd questions to me. What situation could I ever possibly be in (at work) where I would be in a position that I "had" to have sex with a co-worker? She clarified for me, "If it is was life or death, who would you pick?" Well, hell, if it was life or death I would take whoever would have me and hope I lived to be disgusted by it later. Unless it was Joe, in which I would just go ahead and die. Clearly she had someone in mind she wanted to "cuddle" with. From there it just got downright bizzarre...."Would you rather have your big toe or your thumb be the size of your head?" That one seemed to easy enough to me, niether thank you very much. She again clarified for me, "If you *had* to pick one or the other?" Again, I could not think of any situation in which this might occur, if something did happen to cause either my big toe or my thumb to swell to the size of my head I can not imagine that I would get to pick which I would prefer to swell. She had the nerve to look at me like *I* was stupid, she shook her head and said to me, "You're not very good at this, are you?" Clearly not.

She is only 20 and most of the staff at my job is young, male, attractive and unattached-S seems to like it that way. So LM was developing a few crushes. She was systematically text messaging the male staff and telling them they had a secret admirer. We all laughed about it behind her back. No one admitted to taking her up on her offer. I know men can be dogs, but even I never thought anyone would be that desperate. Clearly I was incorrect. So this is how it went down-on my day off no less. The wednesday meeting was at 8 am as usual. LM had to close and so did married man number 2-M. Well, apparently when LM came to work her regular shift, she told married man number 1-C, the she thought she saw M's wife in the parking lot following her after the morning meeting. C promptly proceeded to tell EVERYONE working that afternoon that LM was having an affair with M and that his wife had confronted her in the parking lot. At no point did he mention that he had also had an affair with her. It was easy to believe that M's wife might be following her since M moved to our store from his original store because he was having an affair with a younger co-worker, his wife found out and tried to run the employee over in the store parking lot, LOL!!! I miss all the good stuff. Well, the rumor got back to D-the assistant store manager as S-the store manager was on vacation. So, D took LM into the office and basically let her know that adults should try to avoid affairs with co-workers and also let her know that everyone knew about her affair with M. LM burst out crying and immediately knew that C had told because that was the only person in the store she had told about M's wife. She then told D that she had also had an affair with C. Well, LM left for lunch, came back crying and still upset, pulled D into the office and quit effective immediately. It seems that she was too upset to continue working if people knew about her affairs. I was shocked to say the least. First she is just nasty. I was not surprised that C hit that, because I honestly think he would hump a rock if it agreed, M.....I always had more respect for M. I remember him talking about turning 40 earlier this year. It can not be easy to be him, he makes excellent money, but he is 40 working retail, his bosses are female and younger than him and he has zero chance for advancement. I still would not be desperate enough to have sex with someone like LM, but hey, maybe he was having a mid-life crisis? The buzz relaly started after she quit because of course management can not give any details. We need not have worried, she came in the next day-I was there-and I guess AR and AD-sales reps asked her at the front counter infront of customers why she quit and she said, and I quote" I was sleeping with two many people here to keep working here." Well, she asked AR to walk her to her car and she told him the names and the situation. So, now I like to tease D that I am going to have quit effective immediately because I am sleeping with too many people at the store. Add to that the rumors have started from that small base and have spread to our sister stores, goodness we have our own As Verizon Turns, LOL!!!! It was great!
On more solemn note, LD was terminated due to large amount of customer complaints. It sucks, it was unfair, but such is life. It puts us, the customer service reps in a difficult position. We are told by company policy to tell the customers no and then customers get angry, complain over our head because they do not like our answers. They get what they want anyway and we get complaints filed against us. If we just do it, we show up on tracking reports and get reprimanded for not towing the company line. It is a difficult position in a store like ours.
~~~Letting go is to fear less and live more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home