Monday, May 01, 2006

Well, the nigger incident is officially over. It was quite stressful, to say the least. The offending girl got suspended and the "hecklers" got reprimanded as well. In the end it turned out that another girl was being called nigger as well and was afraid to say anything and hearing about A standing up made her speak up as well. I think A was hurt that her vice principal and counselor did not immediately believe her. I am glad that she was able to have a positive outcome in this instance. Racism will be a fact of her everyday life-most times I try and ignore it myself-and the vast majority of the time it is dismissed and ignored. So, at least she was able to see how it should go as well as glimpses of how it will mostly go in her future. I told her let it go and move on. Life is too short to sweat the small shit.
~~~~Letting go is to fear less and live more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home